Thursday, July 19, 2012

God save the queen(s)

     Well so begins our 2 month journey! First I will NEVER fly anything but British Airlines again, Delta can suck it after the AMAZING customer service BA gives! (ok the seat, although ample legroom thanks to Tim and seatbuddy.com, still was a wee bit small, but that's Boeing for you, everyone else with a normal size arse will be fine,at least it wasn't like the Boeing we took back from New Jersey, THAT was like squeezing toothpaste back into the tube.)
    So far everything has been top notch, from the Kitsap Airporter, which for the first time our driver was not over 100 years of age, to the TSA which we breezed thru....although I swear half the people in wheelchairs who get to cut to the front of the line were faking it (but that's my guess, I mean c'mon, you can have 4 kids with you but you can't walk?) the food they served on BA was actually good, no needles in the sandwich's (Delta reference) the movies first rate and a endless supply of drinks (ok that is more of a benefit for Tim really). We made it in only 8 hours.I will fess up though, thanks to xanax, I slept for 7 of the hours and NO for those who know me I did not snore. It felt like the universe really wants us here!
     I was dreading going thru customs because of all the Olympic crowds making it a 2 hour process, but luckily we landed at Terminal 5, Heathrow's newest edition, and happily it only took 5 minutes and we were out the door!! They did a amazing job with this terminal! So pretty! It really compares to Shipol in the Netherlands!
     Our dear Jane was waiting for us and off we went to Oxshott. We just had time to unpack and immediately went for nibbles in Esher at a quaint restaurant called Layla. It was kinda Indianish (dot not feather) which I loathe but nothing we ordered had that 'smell' most Indian food has, you know, 'armpit' to be nice, but 'taint' is more spot on. For those of you who just loooove Indian food, your sick and wrong and before you start the whole 'but you just haven't had real good Indian' just stop now. It sucks..
     After we went back home and was joined by Lydia's friend Hannah who's picture I will try to get later cause we are going to stay with her in Brighton at the beach later in the trip. This girl is beautiful! Great work ethics especially with her young age of 19, I hope we do see more of her.
Jane slaved all day making us spagbog, which is spaghetti bolonaise, AND from scratch my favorite, sticky toffee pudding.....This is where I must fess us, with my diabetes most alcohol wrecks havoc on me, Gin is not one of them, especially Hendricks, and before I knew it, I was throwing up and passed out on the bed BEFORE this meal, which I feel so guilty about. It had to of been the Indian food, certainly NOT my resilient age of 42.......or the 10, yes 10 Gin and tonics (the cucumber instead of lime is brill by the way, totally takes off the juniper edge)
But, when I woke up my blood count was only 132, so nee ner nee ner!
     Today was a little grey with some rain and bouts of sun, so we ate and just hung in the garden. Frank, Jane's husband, is the quintessential Englishman gardener, these pics are just some of his handy work....check out the train he carved out of hedge!
     Well tomorrow we work on my UKM forms for duel citizenship plus I offered to help Frank in his garden. I told him if I lose 50 more pounds (or 4 stone as they say here) that my doc said I won't be diabetic anymore and I have a gut feeling Frank is adopting this as his personal mission to help me lose it. Crap. Oh well, as long as eventually I can look like Jason Stathom in 'the transporter' movies by the time he is done and not like I just ate Jason Stathom it will all be worth it........won't it? I'm kinda fine being the fat FUNNY one of the relationship, I mean, if I become fit AND funny, what ever will poor Tim's role be? :-) 












Anyway, Tim and Frank are off to the pub (the old vic) and I stayed to keep you up to date thus far......stay tuned, it's only been 2 days.
*wink* Lisa Cha-Cha-Chavez

2 comments:

  1. Hey Boys--FANTASTIC keeping up with you here!! The pics are amazing and I'm so glad you had an easy flight and arrival. I miss you already, but knowing you're where your hearts lie, makes me smile. Having said that, hurry home.

    xoxo j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the train. It looks so beautiful there! I look forward to your next post:)

    ReplyDelete